Thursday, March 26, 2009

FIRST ORLANDO BLOG!

Ok so I got here 2 days ago, but who has time to update these things with all the hustle and bustle of disney fun. Ill start with the flight and end with last night.

So the flight. The airport security and immigrations people were very nice. Got my visa without an issue, which really took a load off my shoulders. I was there extremely early which is the norm for me. Kate arrived an hour or so later. Our plane wasnt full so after take off we were able to switch to another row and sit beside eachother. Then we landed, got our luggage which was really quick, and guess what EVERYTHING SHOWED UP! We made our way over to the Mears Buses and was on one really quick and then got off at Vista Way. Here was a quick presentation, a video, and going over paperwork and where we will be living. I live in the Commons (taking photos today and will post them in the next blog) We arrived at the commons and I am in building 8 which is right beside the main house and bus stop so I am in heaven. I live with 3 other girls. Silvia from Mexico, Gabrellia from France, and Jacqueline from Germany. We all started the same day so we are all in the same boat. I love my roommates already. All in the 24- 26 age group. That evening Cale, Kate, Jason and I all went to downtown disney for dinner. We ate at the irish pub there which was really good, which an irish band and everything. We then walked around, and when I say walked I mean run like little kids.

Yesterday was a paperwork day that started at 8:45. Lots of little presentations and that sort of thing. Went to Walmart for the second time. Then we had our Throw - In. I was a tad nervous, with all the rumours going on. But it was all in good fun and a great time. Ran into Craig which was lovely. This was a big arrival group of 8 people. Cale from Calgary, Kate from Vancouver Island, Jason from PEI, Matt and Francis from Nova Scotia, Cassandra from a small town south of Toronto which I forgot the name to, Jaime from Sarnia and then me from Toronto. I cant talk much about the throw in but it was fun and not something to worry about. If I could do it all over again I would.

Today is another paperwork day, then we have the day off so all the Canucks are going to Universal. WOOT!

Till the next time I update.

No comments:

Post a Comment