Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The week of Rain!

Well since my last post on here I do have some good and some bad news.

I'll start with the good news. I passed my spiel and start food running on Monday which means I'll be a server soon. I am really excited about this as I love to serve tables and be able to make more guests happy while doing this. I dont know how long I will be in food running but I dont think it will be that long as many other people are trying to spiel which means they will be put into food running shortly after me. But only time will tell.

Well the bad news, my 21 year old cousin was killed. She was crossing the street (jaywalking) and got hit by a car. This is the second death that I have had in my family since I have come to work for Disney. This is the one negative of this job. Being away from home when emergencies happen. I feel like I should be home to help out, but I do understand there isnt much I can do to change the events that have happened.

The remainder of this week has been wet, very very very wet. As I write this, I glance outside my window and see just buckets of rain. It isnt even hurricane season yet but it has rained for 4 days straight. Yesterday I was suppose to work my last popcorn shift, and I got a lovely call as I was putting on my costume telling me that due to the rain I didnt have to come into work and I got an ADO (authorized day off) I will have a smaller paycheck next week but its better than getting sick by standing in the rain behind the popcorn cart. So I bought a poncho and went to the studios with David and Craig. We didnt do that many things but i t was nice to get out of the commons for a bit. That night I went to Jellyrolls, a bar/lounge at Disneys Boardwalk. I really enjoyed this place. Its not a club, but you get to listen to great music, from gentlemen playing pianos. I want to go back there again.

Today as I said before its raining again! So I pretty much am not leaving my apartment. My roomies are going downtown tonight to go to a club but I dont want to get soaked so I think I have a date with my laptop and Season 3 of Criminal Minds.

Hopefully the rain will stop tomorrow so I can get to work without being drenched!

No comments:

Post a Comment