Sunday, May 3, 2009

A week and a bit in a glance

Ok, so I know I have been horrible and not updating this blog like I should. But the last 2 weeks have been very very very busy. Lets see if I can start writing some of the wonderful days out.

I've learned that I really enjoy the restaurant stocker shifts. I dont know why I like them, but I do. You just do your job, and if you do it properly no one comes and bugs you. You get to be on your own mini schedule of cultery, break, plates, napkins, and you get to help more in the dining room busing tables and resetting tables. I just like be in the middle of the action. I also get to talk more the servers, and kitchen castmembers.

I have my culinary day on the Thursday coming up. I am really excited about it. Not only about the tasting part but the actually learning how the kitchen works here. I will write more about this after it happens.

This past week I had my disney basics class. It was fun. The castmember leading it was great. She was tres perky which was perfect for this class. I also had another class this week, not as much fun, but a great learning experience.

Outings
On friday I went to the magic kingdom which 2 of the newbies and Louisa and Robyn. We ran around like little kids, which is always so much fun. We watched wishes again and I think I am in love with those fireworks.

On sunday, Jacqueline and I went to the studios. It was her first time and I loved showing her around them. Before we had gone to the studios we took the I-ride trolley to the Prime outlets and went shopping. OH side note... there is.... a .... BESTEY JOHNSON outlet... and I am going to go and buy a dress in 2 more paychecks... HEHEHEHEHE. Ok back to the story. We were only there for 2 hours but we did a ton of stuff. We started out on the Tower of Terror, headed to Rock and rollercoaster, then went to Toy Story Mania. Ok this was my first time on this ride and I have to say that Disney did a GREAT job on both the actual attraction and the que line. I didnt even mind waiting the 30 mins or so as there was so much stuff to look at in the line. Plus the giant talking Mr. Potato Head, BRILLANT! We then ran over to The Great Movie Ride, Muppets Vision 3D, and then ended the night at Star Tours. Lets just say Jacqueline wasnt too much of a fan with star tours.

The next day Robyn and I went to explore Animal Kingdom. Animal Kingdom is my least favourite park, but I am starting to warm up to it. We did Everest first, where we rode as single riders as the line was HUGE. I ended up sitting with a Canadian family from about 15 mins from my house. It truely is a small world after all. We rode on Dinosaur twice, watched the Festival of the Lion King, and rode the Safari ride just as the park was closing which meant NO LINE. This was a great day, so much fun that it looks like we are planning another Animal Kingdom adventure day next Saturday, hopefully starting with a breakfast at Tusker House with Donald.

The following day I got up before the sun and headed to the Magic Kingdom. I told a few people that I was going on the backstage tour of the haunted mansion and this was very very true. However that is as much info as I am going to write here as I refuse to spoil the magic for everyone. I will say the tour is great and the mansion is one of the best designed rides there is in Disney. One day if I ride it with any of you I will point out a few little fun details to make your experience better but dont even think of asking how things are done cause I am not going to tell you.

The rest of the week I have mostly stayed at home except for Wednesday. Wednesday we had formal. I sort of felt like I was back in highschool again and didnt stay too long there. I did get a picture with Goofy which was tres cool. Then there was a throw out, which was kinda sad. Im not liking these throw outs.

Well I need to get ready for work. Its my Friday today but I only get one day off , then work for 4 days then I get a 3 day weekend. Tomorrow is Kate's Birthday so my day off will be spent doing whatever the birthday girl has planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment