Saturday, June 13, 2009

SO SORRY!

I know I am very behind on my updates... as my friend Craig has told me. Ill try my best to update on what the last three weeks has been like.



Foodrunning



I have been in foodrunning for the last three weeks. I personal love it. I get to feel like I actually am helping the servers out and making an impression on the guests. It's really fun to put the poutine (thats right... I said POUTINE) down infront of a guest. Within an instant you can tell if they are canadian or not. If they are canadian their eyes light up as if you just brought them the world on a plate. My next adventure at the Canadian pavilion is becoming a server. I start that on monday, and have a few training shifts. I am really excited about this. I hope I will do a great job of it. I know I have served before but here its very different.



Goodbyes



There has been alot of goodbyes over the past few weeks. Saying goodbye to Allison Wong, and Kyla was tough. Games night isnt the same without those two. I realize every week that goes bye how much harder it is going to be to say goodbye to those around me. Even thinking about saying goodbye to the next group that goes home, already brings tears to my eyes. Another person I had to say goodbye to and it was the hardest so far was Jason. Jason was a member of my arrival group and I am really going to miss him. But I do know that next year when I get home and have an extra leaf ticket, one of my favourite PEI people will be there to sit beside me and cheer for the leafs with me.

Hellos

A huge group of newbies came this week... and when I say huge I mean huge. The throw in was fun but just something didnt feel right. I did however get a little sibling. Her name is Heather, she is from Vancouver and is also 24. She will be working in food and beverage with me. Also a few more of the people I ate dinner with the night before our interviews arrived this week as well. YAY!

Other stuff

I starting hanging around Jen L. more. I really enjoy her company and am upset that she is in the next group to leave. Luckily I get to spend some more time with her tomorrow. :)

My twin, Mel, and I ate at Bistro de Paris the other night. Let me tell you it was AMAZING! I tried something I wouldnt normally eat, duck. It was a duck breast and some raisin polenta. Really nice. I highly recommend this restaurant.

I cant really think of anything else atm, and I know tons of stuff has happened its just that I got home from work and my brain is not all here. When I remember more I will update!

OH, lots of disney photos on facebook! Have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment