Thursday, April 23, 2009

Major Update - Yeah yeah I know update more!!

Ok so where did I leave off... oh yeah my first throw out. Since then a million things have happened and I will try my best to list off what happened. This may be completely out of order as the days here melt together and become one big disney blob.

Lets start with the easiest thing to talk about, WORK. So I have offically earned my ears on both podium and popcorn cart. The little ribbon is now resting beside my bed until I need it again for the next Food and Beverage adventure. All my trainers were great, I guess once again I got lucky. Thanks Ty, Rebecca, Sasha, and David. Now I am working normal shifts instead of on the job training ones. I am still loving it here and although I am missing home, I love this job.

After work comes HOME. So the commons have started to have their inspections and of course building 8 was the first one on the list. So last thursday we had our very first inspection, and we passed, and got some fruit by the foot candy. Our next goal is to get the "white glove" award. We will see if that ever happens, but hey our apartment is clean and doesnt smell like other ones so I guess we are in great shape.

Outings

So this past week I went out alot with the canadians. Wednesday I went to the bar Buffalo Wild Wings, and get this, I really enjoyed myself. I loved that place. First off there were televisions everywhere with SPORTS, and since I dont have a tv in my apartment seeing tv's was a big yes yes yes. I ordered some wings, and although they might not be firkin status (any of my canadian friends reading this might understand what I mean or they might not but oh well) they were really good. I will def go back to this place.

The next night I went to Chillers, a club in downtown Orlando. So before I actually talk about the club, lets chat about downtown orlando. Hmmm, its SMALL. It's got a few and when I say a few I mean like 3 highrise buildings then a bunch of small buildings. It reminds me of like Markham. Ok back to Chillers, it was a 4 floor club. So we went in, got our drink at the bar, and then I was told by Sasha to follow Matthieu. So I did. Well we got lost for about an hour before we ran back into our fellow canadians. To me the club was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too busy, I didnt like the atmosphere at all, and I wont be going back. But either way I went, had the experience, and doubt I will return.

Sunday, my roommate and I went to Publix. Its a grocery store. A fairly nice grocery store. I behaved myself and didnt go crazy with chocolate and candy, even though it was a close call. We then ate lunch at the subway beside the store and then walked back to our apartment complex. Her and her german friends were going to go drink around the world so I tagged along, not to drink as I dont have the money for that number 1 and number 2 thats not really my idea of a wonderful time. But we went to Epcot, I did have one drink, a margarita. IT WAS AWESOME. I got to meet Belle in France, she called me a princess. :D I took many pictures. I will post them on facebook later, step one was update blog, camera was step two. We stayed for the fireworks. And then came home and went to bed.

Monday, Kate, Cale and I went to the bank. Ok, banking here is WAY WAY WAY different than in Canada. First off when you line up to go see a teller its a screen. There is no physical person in front of you, WEIRD. Ok so we went there, Cale got his account open and I deposited my checks and then set up direct deposit. So at least I dont have to make that trip every week now. We then went to property control and cast connection. And I did behave myself I didnt go crazy even though I wanted to. I bought a $60 silver mickey necklace for $15 and 2 pirate pins that came to $10. We then went to the Magic Kingdom. We went on the Haunted Mansion after eating a quick lunch. And then we lined up for the parade. The parade was amazing. I got lots of pictures. Before working here I was never a big parade person, that could be because my brother wouldnt of let me watch the parades in the first place, but I dont know. After the parade we went to Big Thunder Mountain and grabbed some fastpasses. Then out of no where a cast member handed us 2 splash mountain fastpasses for roughly the same time. SWEET!. So we headed over to pirates, got a quick glance at Jack Sparrow as he ran away from "the governor's daughter" and then rode the ride. We then looked through a bunch of the shops while waiting for our fastpass time to begin. We rode thunder mountain and thats Kate's favourite ride. We then flipped over to Splash mountain and we did ask to sit in the back so I didnt get too wet. I am not a fan of being soaked, never have been, never will. After that, we got on the train and rode it around once and a bit and got off in toontown. We then rode... now wait for it.. wait for it.... ITS A SMALL WORLD. I have to do that ride at least once while down here. Its a classic. After that Kate and I met up with Rebecca and Sasha. Rode Pirates and Buzz lightyear, and then went to our Dinner at the Plaza restaurant. I ate the club and it was tres yummy. Then I had the brownie for dessert and I couldnt finish it. After dinner we went to fantasy land and rode almost everything. We did Pooh, Peter Pan, and Snow white. Then it was firework time and we got a great spot and watched Wishes. I am starting to fall in love with fireworks. No matter how many times you watch them, they never get old. We then went home, and I went to games night.

Tuesday. Iwent to work but after work went out for Dinner with Janna at TGIFridays. Since when we came home from work there was apool party with free pizza, which I did eat. I only got a dessert. Then we returned home, got changed and headed to another throw out. This one was really sad. Im not going to go in too many details, but throw in's and out's are a sign of respect to either to the new people entering the pavilion or people leaving the pavilion. No matter how close you are to the person being thrown out, you GO.

Wednesday, was the throw in for the newest 2 canadian pav members, Eric and Sam. It was a lot of fun being on the other side of the throw in. After the thrown in, I came home, checked my email and went to bed.

NOW YOU ARE FULLY CAUGHT UP WITH MY LIFE... PICTURES TO COME ON FACEBOOK THATS TOMORROWS GOAL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment