Sunday, April 5, 2009

Earning my ears.... aka Training

So I am in Training and will be for a few weeks. The day after traditions we did some e-learning classes, walked around the Canadian Pavilion briefly, walked backstage, met one of our managers, Janice. The next day I had Epcot Discovery day, and that was alot of fun. Got to learn about the history of Epcot, what Walt wanted Epcot to become and what it actually did become. Got to walk around future world and name off all the rides and restaurants located inside each area. Before we did the walk around future world we got to ride Spaceship Earth. Now for those of you that arent aware, this is the ride inside the big golf ball thing, yes I know its not a golf ball but for those nondisney people thats the easiest way to explain. I love this ride, Im not a huge fan of the updated version, but I still love this ride. For my theatre friends think of it as a trip through all your VIS portfolios. That class has never made me look at anything the same way again, thank you Peter and Liz. After the walk around future world we boarded one of the friendship boats and made our way around World Showcase. Learning about the restaurants and attractions in each of the pavilions. We started with Canada, WOOT WOOT!



After Discovery day was over, we Canadians had a few more hours of work. We walked around the Canadian pavilion with DJ our CoT. He showed us the locations of everything we will need to know and more. We watched the new O' Canada film, which is very good all of you must go see it when you come and visit me. And then the best and worst part of the day, my COSTUME. I had to try on 6 pairs of pants before I got the best fitting size, its very very stressful. But now I have costumes that fit.

Then the next 2 days were Popcorn cart days. Kate and I are lucky enough to have the exact same training schedule. Tyler is our training for all 3 popcorn cart days. First we learned how to open the cart, the next day we learned how to close the cart, and tomorrow we learn how to stock and clean the cart. I have to say I like popcorn cart. You get a lot of guest interaction, and you get to talk about where you are from alot. The second shift was the best so far (yes I know I only had 2 but it was magical) First at 3pm Tylers family from back home surprised him in front of the cart and that made me smile. Such a magical moment. We also got to take pictures for the guests, give out stickers, and really enjoy being around with the guests. Then the fireworks started. After we finished the rush of popcorn before the fireworks I got to view Illimunations for the first time in years. Very very pretty.

I then had a long weekend off, friday, sat, and sun.

Friday I went and opened my Partners bank account, and went to walmart for FOOD. Saturday I went to Animal Kingdom in the morning with Silvia rode a few rides and returned to my apartment and read a book. Then the best thing happened. A friend of mine, Daniel, gave me a site online to watch the LEAFS game LIVE. I couldnt believe it. I had the leafs game and canadian commercials on my laptop! That by far made my day.

Today is Sunday and right now I am sitting in my PJs on the sofa as I write this. I know for sure that 2 of my roommates work today but I dont know about the 3rd. I think I might walk over to the outlet mall across the street and see if I can find a skirt on sale. I need a skirt. Other than that I am going to take a nice relaxing day. Hmm since we cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen last night, I may go rent the vaccuum and do a quick house cleanup. We have inspections in 2 weeks so my apartment is trying to the clean every week once so we dont have to spend how many hours cleaning for the inspection. In short we just want the treats that come with passing the inspection.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh you get treats for passing inspections! That is always a great motivation. And I am also suuuuuper excited that there is an outlet mall right across the street! I have been holding back on shopping until I get to Florida so that will come in handy.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete