Monday, April 13, 2009

Popcorn Cart, Seating, Easter, Throw Out

So since my last update a few things have happened this week.

Lets start with the popcorn cart. I actually enjoy working the popcorn cart, there tends to be a lot of people working and you get to have quite a bit of fun while you pour people their beers and give them fresh popcorn. The best part of the job is the 8:30 - 9:00 pm rush before the fireworks. As soon as the fireworks start, after we serve our last guest we all get to stand in front of the cart and watch the fireworks. How many people get to say watching a Disney firework show is part of their nightly routine.

Oh, I am done my popcorn cart training so I have half earned my ears. The other half of my ears are being earned this week in the restaurant as a seater, greeter, and stocker. The first nice thing about the restaurant is .... AIR CONDITIONING. Even though I have to spend some time outside, the ability to walk in and get cold air on my face is amazing. I have only had so far one shift in the restaurant as a seater. I and Kate were trained by Rebecca. I really enjoy the restaurant. So far I am really enjoying everything. Everyone so far is really nice, and friendly. I havent run into anyone that isnt yet, including guests. Had a few that werent the happiest people on earth but still no one has been mean yet.

This weekend was Easter!!! And I had sunday and monday off, which is very odd when you dont have a family to spend easter with but still have it off. The parks were pretty busy in the early park of the week, but it seems it started to quiet out a bit for the rest of the week. So today my lobser roommate, Gabby ( I am calling her my lobster roommate because, she decided to go in the sun yesterday for a couple hours and well didnt put on any sun protection and didnt flip over and tan her back at all, so her front is bright red, like Canadian flag RED, and her other side is white white) are going to the Studios today.

Last night I went to my first throw out, and since Craig got a bunch of hangers and a laundry basket, I got to take 4 of the hot pink ones for my jackets. I didnt really know the people being thrown out, Ashley and Billy. I am sure every throw out group that I attend will get a bit more emotional as I get to know these people and they get to be part of my family.

Well until next time I write, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment